Registered Nurse II
Change lives, starting with your own.
If you’re passionate about women’s health and think there’s more to life than 50-hours work weeks, you should apply.
In support of our mission to improve the quality of life for South Carolinians by promoting the health of the public. DHEC of Cherokee County is hiring a registered nurse (BSN). As a member of the family planning team, you’ll help provide counseling and contraceptives.
You’ll also enjoy regular hours, state benefits, a comprehensive vacation and state holiday package, and the legacy of empowering women for generations to come.
The impact we make could be bigger and more positive than any in our lifetime. It’s a unique opportunity to leave a legacy and still live a life.
Utilizing the agency core values of Embracing Service, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork and Pursing Excellence within the agency's health services clinic, Cherokee County. Implements and adheres to agency/program/billing manual policies and procedures for efficient and effective service delivery. Works across multiple programs including Preventive Health and Immunizations. Provides culturally competent nursing care for individuals and families, per agency policies/procedures, standing medical orders, and patient specific medical orders. Promotes quality customer service and maintains strict confidentiality. Must have knowledge and skill in the techniques and practices of the nursing profession; in public health nursing theory and practice including social and public health sciences; ability to plan, implement and evaluate care; ability to prepare and provide health teaching and counseling; ability to apply Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) concepts to practice; ability to apply judgement while adhering to standing orders, policies/procedures and the Laws Governing Nursing; and ability to interact in a culturally competent, professional manner.
Additional Information and Routine Duties:
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide direct care services to individuals in public health settings as assigned, which includes: Evaluation of male and female clients, performing pelvic examinations, STD/STI evaluation and treatment, contraceptive distribution, reproductive health services, and immunizations. Maintains appropriate agency and patient records. Makes appropriate community referrals. Provides appropriate counseling and patient education based on identified patient needs, assesses the health of clients, and develops and revises care plans. Documents care/services when provided per agency policies/procedures.
2. Assesses immunization needs and provides routine immunizations for children and adults per standing orders and immunizations policies/ procedures in multiple settings that include community outreach events and epidemiological response events.
3. Implements care plans to include identifying and initiating appropriate interventions, appropriate specimen collection and laboratory testing; education and counseling based on identified needs; administering/dispensing medications/treatments according to standing medical orders or individual patient medical orders and initiating/follow-up on referrals when indicated. Involves the patient in decision-making.
4. Promotes wellness through activities directed toward prevention and reduction of risk factors, early detection of disease, control and management of identified health problems. Coordinates case finding and services with other disciplines, agencies and providers.
5. Inventories and orders vaccine based on clinic needs. Participates in regional Continuous Quality Improvement Activities. Maintains nursing licensure and needed CEUs. Participates in disaster response efforts including Special Medical Needs Shelters.