Plant Protection and Quarantine Technician (PPQ Tech) Domestic - Orlando
Hello and thanks for your interest in a career with USDA APHIS PPQ!
Please note this is an Outreach Notice to make you aware of a Plant Protection Technician Position in Sunny Orlando, Florida!! Please apply through USA Jobs (link provided within announcement). This is a full-time permanent position.
The vacancy announcement is open until February 10th.
Salary: GS 7 - $43,683 ++
As a Plant Protection Technician, you implement domestic programs within an assigned geographic area to prevent the establishment and/or artificial spread of plant pests and diseases into new areas. If selected, you provide support to Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) Officers with surveys; control measures; biocontrol and biotechnology activities; and export of regulated agricultural commodities within PPQ, Field Operations (FO).
- Participates with supervisor in planning and coordinating survey/control measures by furnishing information about the presence and extent of plant diseases and/or insects, and effect of treatments.
- Directs and/or conducts approved control and eradication measures including sanitation measures, biological controls, and the application of herbicides, insecticides, nematicide, and fungicides.
- Enforces Federal and/or State regulatory orders to restrict movement or issue certificates permitting movement of plants, plant products, and equipment into or out of regulated areas.
- Assists with inspections of routine commodities for export.
- Maintains daily records of inspection work, control measures and regulatory procedures applied; prepares reports and maps on the activities and accomplishments within the assigned area.
I wish you the best in all your career pursuits! Please reach out to me with any recruiting questions.
USDA APHIS PPQ
Outreach and Recruitment
Call/ Text: 518-420-9779
APHIS Career Page: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/banner/careers
Plant Protection Today Newsletter: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/ppq-program-overview/plant-protection-today/plant-protection-today