Human Resources Assistant - Minneapolis
Hello and thanks for your interest in a career with USDA APHIS PPQ!
Please note this is an Outreach Notice to make you aware of a Human Resource Assistant in Minneapolis, Minnesota!! Please apply through USA Jobs (link provided within announcement).
This is a Pathways "recent graduate" Career Development Position. These appointments are intended to last for 1 year. Recent Graduates who satisfactorily complete all the USDA Recent Graduates Program requirements (training classes, 1 year of satisfactory work, mentoring, etc.) may be non-competitively converted to a Term or Permanent appointment in the competitive service. Conversion is not guaranteed. Recent Graduates converted to Term appointments may later be non-competitively converted to a Permanent competitive service position.
If selected you will act as a Human Resources Assistant performing duties in support of Recruitment and Placement, Benefits, Classification and/or Processing.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Keeps accurate filing system of processed forms.
- Answers correspondence and inquiries; provides advice and guidance on the rules and regulations that pertain to human resources area of specialty.
- Reviews, monitors, and tracks personnel actions; use automated Human Resources Information Systems and applications.
- Staffing: Prepares vacancy announcements, evaluates applicants, prepares and distributes the official job offer letter.
- Benefits: Receives, reviews and processes a variety of benefit election forms; assembles, prepares and processes benefits packages for retirements and separations.
- Processing: Receives and processes or distributes a full range of personnel documents; researches and reconciles computer discrepancies.
- Classification: Builds positions; coordinates with NFC on reorganizations, restructuring, and re-titling projects; processes mass realignment actions.
I wish you the best in all your career pursuits! Please reach out to me with any recruiting questions.
USDA APHIS PPQ
Outreach and Recruitment
Call/ Text: 518-420-9779
APHIS Career Page: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/banner/careers
Plant Protection Today Newsletter: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/ppq-program-overview/plant-protection-today/plant-protection-today