This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Regulatory Science (ORS), Office of Medical Products, Tobacco and Special Lab Ops, Winchester Engineering and Analysis Center (WEAC), which serves as a national resource for engineering and analytical chemistry associated with problems in compliance testing and methods development and required field investigations and inspections.
- Responsible for analyzing difficult, novel, and complex samples which require development or modification of methods in the fields of mechanical, electronic and biomedical engineering.
- Plans and identifies needs for development of new methods and approaches.
- Testifies in court and in other formal and informal reviews concerning the analysis produced.
- Provides advice concerning methodology problems encountered in the analysis of novel and complex samples to engineers and scientists in other Federal agencies, state organizations and private industry.
- Writes reports stating results and conclusions documenting the nature of any regulatory violations.
Apply on USAJOBS!
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.