Registered Nurse II/Preventive Health
Under supervision of the Site Supervisor, provides culturally competent nursing care for the individuals, families, and the community. Provides nursing care per agency policies/procedures, standing medical orders, and patient specific medical orders. Promotes quality customer service and maintains strict confidentiality.
1. Utilize the nursing process, assess the health of clients and develops and revives care plans. Documents care/services when provided per agency policies/procedures.
2. Implements care plans to include identifying and initiating appropriate interventions, to include appropriate specimen collection and laboratory testing; education and counseling based on identified needs; administering/dispensing medications/treatments according to standing medical orders or individual patient medical orders and intiating/follow-up on referrals when indicated. Involves the patient in decision-making.
3. Promotes wellness through activities directed toward prevention and reduction of risk factors, early detection of disease and control and management of identified health problems.
4. Coordinate case finding and services with other disciplines, agencies and providers.
5. Participate in regional Continuous Quality Improvement Activities.
6. Other duties as assigned.